Pingelhof Farm House
Hof #3
Damerow, Kreis Parchim, Mecklenburg-Schwerin
19 June 2001
The Pingelhof was the home of the Pingel family for eight generations -- from 1665 until 1984.

The date on the beam over the main door show the original construction date of Anno 1607 den 11 Majus (11 MAY 1607). In 1655 it was the home of a Chim Heidelberg. The house was aquired by the Pingels in 1665, by which time it had been abandoned and partially collapsed. Jochim Pingel restored and enlarged the building and it became his family's home.

The most recent restoration of the Pingelhof began in 1986 and it opened to the public as a museum in 1990.

Image:  © 2001 Mitch Blank